Andrey Filatov Re-elected as CFR President
The 15th CFR Congress finished in Moscow.
The 15th CFR Congress took place in the Central Chess Club in Moscow. Andrey Filatov, CFR President, started the meeting. The Congress honoured the memory of deceased chess personalities with a moment of silence.
The Congress began with presenting the CFR Golden Badges: the honorary awards were given to the Deputy Chairman of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, the CFR Vice-President Alexander Zhukov, and the Governor of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra, the CFR Vice-President Natalya Komarova.
Gennady Zakharov, President of the Chess Federation of the Republic of Tatarstan, had recorded a video greeting to the Congress, in which he urged for unity of chess players. Andrey Filatov said that the CFR transition to the Asian Chess Federation could take place at the beginning of January.
Then, the Congress's order of work was approved and its working bodies formed.
CFR President Andrey Filatov accompanied his report by the film dedicated to Federation's activities from the year 2014 and up to the present moment.
The delegates heard reports by Executive Director of the Chess Federation of Russia Mark Glukhovsky and Chairman of the Audit Commission Elena Fedorova, the latter's findings being that the completed activities of the reporting period had been in line with CFR's Charter and regulations of the Russian Federation. The Congress delegates unanimously acknowledged CFR's work as satisfactory.
There followed speeches by presidential candidates Sergey Karjakin and Andrey Filatov, who also answered questions posed by the delegates.
The voting returned 58-7 in favour of the current President Andrey Filatov. Two voting papers were found invalid.
The Congress backed up CFR President's proposal to elect Anatoly Karpov, many-time world champion and State Duma deputy, as Honorary President of the Chess Federation of Russia.
They also voted for the being nominated Vice-Presidents Natalya Komarova, Alexander Zhukov, Andrey Guryev, Pavel Chinsky, and Sergey Smagin.
The Congress delegates approved the following members of the CFR's Supervisory Board:
1. Maksimov Yury (Far Eastern Federal District, Kamchatka Krai)
2. Bordyukhov Pavel (FEFD, Khabarovsk Krai)
3. Zakharov Gennady (VFD, Republic of Tatarstan)
4. Ishbulatov Philius (Volga Federal District, Republic of Bashkortostan)
5. Burshtein Igor (VFD, Chuvashia Republic)
6. Shakhov Dmitry (Northwestern Federal District, Pskov Oblast)
7. Maslyakov Sergey (NFD, Leningrad Oblast)
8. Dzhakaev Dzhakay (North Caucasian Federal District, Republic of Dagestan)
9. Edilsultanov Khasbek (North Caucasian Federal District, The Chechen Republic)
10. Filipenko Vasily (Siberian Federal District, Altai Republic)
11. Ivakhin Maxim (SFD, Kemerovo Oblast)
12. Polomoshnov Artem (SFD, Altai Krai)
13. Maletin Pavel (SFD, Novosibirsk Oblast)
14. Gilyazov Amir (UFD, Chelyabinsk Oblast)
15. Moskvin Alexey (Central Federal District, Yaroslavl Oblast)
16. Smetana Vladimir (South Federal District, Krasnodar Krai)
17. Grivtsov Andrey (South Federal District, Rostov Oblast)
18. Bigaliev Renat (SFD, Astrakhan Oblast)
19. Lazarev Sergey (Moscow)
20. Bykov Vladimir (St. Petersburg)
In line with the CFR Charter, the Supervisory Board will also include the CFR President Andrey Filatov and Vice-Presidents Alexander Zhukov, Sergey Smagin, Natalya Komarova, Andrey A. Guryev, and Pavel Chinsky.
Pictures by Eteri Kublashvili and Vladimir Barsky