Central Park Tower Triumphs at Russian Rapid Team Championship
Moscow Chess Team won the Women's event.
October 19, the Russian Rapid Team Championships finished at the Grand Hotel Zhemchuzhina in Sochi. Both tournaments ran to the Swiss system in 9 rounds, with 15+10 time control.
1. "Central Park Tower (Moscow) – with 16 team points out of 18 (25 – total of individual points). Lineup: Alexander Grischuk, Dmitry Andreikin, Daniil Dubov, and Maxim Matlakov;
2. The Novosibirsk Region team – 13 (23.5). Lineup: Roman Kezin, Dmitry Bocharov, Erdem Khubukshanov, Eric Obgolts, and Alexey Grachev;
3. Moscow Chess Team – 13 (22). Lineup: Vladimir Malakhov, Aleksey Dreev, Mikhail Kobalia, Nikita Afanasiev, and Vadim Zvjaginsev.
1. Moscow Chess Team – 16 (26). Lineup: Ekaterina Kovalevskaya, Olga Badelka, Daria Voit, Alexandra Obolentseva, and Ekaterina Borisova;
2. Team of Novosibirsk Oblast – 14 (22,5). Lineup: Yana Zhapova, Valeria Kleymenova, Tatiana Maletina, and Ekaterina Kharashuta;
3. Chess and Checkers School-1 (St. Petersburg) - 13 (23,5). Lineup: Anastasia Bodnaruk, Evgenija Ovod, Anastasia Keinanen, Tatyana Getman, and Daria Yurasova.
At the closing ceremony, the Central Park Tower team, which won gold medals in both Blitz and Rapid Championships, announced that they would donate all their prize money to the organisers of the Maxim Shusharin Memorial. This tournament will be held in Chelyabinsk on November 16-17, 2023.
Tournament on Chess-Results
Photos by Vladimir Barsky